The Saltire Society is offering a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in event programming and management. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work well in a team as well as on their own initiative.
The Saltire Society is a small influential cultural charity with an energetic and engaging approach to managing and delivering our marketing and communications. This is strongly linked to our programme of awards and the associated ceremonies. The successful candidate will benefit from hands-on experience in a small charity of organising, delivering and evaluating our Saltire Awards. The person appointed will work closely with our Programme Director, Event Officer, Board, Volunteers and Partners to develop and run a range of events for the Society’s 2018 programme.
The specific qualities of the successful candidate will include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of events management and delivery
- Knowledge of data gathering methods and analysis
- Ability to work independently, seeking guidance where needed
- Experience of establishing and using social media platforms
- An interest in and familiarity with current Scottish cultural affairs
- Understanding of marketing principles
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the day to day co-ordination and planning of the event programme including answering the telephone and responding to email enquiries
- Support in the preparation of publicity material such as press releases, banners, flyers.
- Attend events and assist with set-up, delivery and breakdown
- Produce and undertake event surveys, analyse data and produce evaluation reports with the Event Officer
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as directed by Programme Director
- Assist in the development and drafting of website and new media content as required
Part time 25 hours
(Work days flexible within office hours - Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
Pro- rata based on 25 days per annum in addition to statutory public holiday’s dates based on Edinburgh City Council. Time off in lieu may be taken at the Programme Director’s discretion.
6 months (Mid-September 2018 to Mid-March 2019 (with potential to extend if Business Plan allows)
Saltire Society Programme Director
Place of Work
The normal place of work will be The Saltire Society Headquarters (9 Fountain Close, 22 High Street, Edinburgh) but attendance at other venues will be required for events and meetings.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Deadline for Applications
Noon 20 August 2018
Please note interviews for the position will be held on Tuesday 4 September.